Wednesday, February 23, 2011

9 Years of Wedded Bliss



Today, February, 23, 2011, marks 9 years of wedded bliss to my husband, Rick.

We met in early March of 2000 in the parking lot of our apartment complex. He lived at the opposite end of the building where my apartment was. We would talk a bit each time we saw each other (this was after I had already been living there for about 8 months) and then one time we just stood there for about 2 hours talking about everything and anything.

A few weeks later we went walk/jogging together over to St Martin's University and ran the stairs and walk/jogged back to the apartments. Several more times of this were followed by a Lasagna Dinner at my place where we ate and then just sat at the table and talked and talked. Before we knew it the clock said almost midnight and neither of us knew where the time went. A couple weekends later Rick took me on a picnic to Ocean Shores, with Paulie, his dog - now that was a fun trip because Paulie and I shared a seat in Rick's truck. Then came the notes left on each others' doors...sweet love notes. He would stop by my work (Top Foods at that time) on his way to work with an excuse that he was buying a soda or whatever, but we both knew it was to sneak a hello.
Now contrary to what I would do now, a few months later he moved into my apartment and we lived together unitl  a year and a half later when we were married on Saturday, February 23, 2002 at 11:00 am. We kept things extremely small and simple with just his sister, Renae, and brother in law, Jack, standing up with us. Afterward, we all went down to The Oyster House in downtown Olympia for lunch. We didn't have an honeymoon until April when we spent about 3 days in Cannon Beach at The Harrison Street Inn.

Life has been really good together. We have an amazing relationship. His love to me is the closest thing to the love Christ shows us with His "unconditional" love. Rick has never tried to change me, nor I him. We have an understanding to "meet in the middle" when we both disagree on something, or when necessary (which is not very often) we agree to disagree. 
I am blessed that we "understand" each other SO WELL, at least 99.9% of the time. We let God teach us the other 1% how to grow through our misunderstandings.

So, to you Lord Jesus, I give thanks for this wonderful, loving and generous man to be in my life. And to you, my sweet HonBun, I love you and am so incredibly grateful for the sweet love you give me. I look forward to the rest of our lives together. Happy Anniversary, Hon....Love, your LindaLou :)

No comments:

Post a Comment